The Society for Classical Studies (SCS) has scheduled our annual business meeting for Saturday, January 6, 2018 from 12:00 – 1:30 pm in the Westin Copley Place, Courier Room. Please join us!
Our ASGLE Panel will take place Friday, 5 January 1:45 – 4:45 AM (location TBA).
Epigraphy and Religion Revisited, organized by Nikolaos Papazarkadas
The main objective of this panel is to bring together papers that explore religious phenomena primarily from an epigraphic perspective. The American Society of Greek and Latin Epigraphy devoted one of its first thematic panels to Epigraphy and Religion, back in 1999. Almost two decades later, ASGLE revisits the topic in order to find out what the status quaestionis looks like for the current generation of scholars.
- Jessica Paga, College of William and Mary
- Irene Salvo, University of Goettingen
- Jessica Lamont, Yale University
- John Bodel, Brown University
- Santiago Castellanos, University of Leon
- Michael Zellmann-Rohrer, University of Oxford